Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday, June 1, 2009 -- No Time But Lots of Love

Unfortunately I only have ten minutes to write today. Being a district leader includes less computer time for my family and friends, because I have to write to president about my district, among other things.

Being a district leader is busy. My new companion, Elder Chuck, is excellent. He has been a member of the Church for a little over a year. I am the senior companion, but he is teaching me a lot more than I am teaching him. We work well together. This whole week our days have been like this:
  • Wake up at 6:30
  • Work out (I have a new set of excercises the doctor prescribed me to help me lose stress, and it is helping me lose weight as well)
  • Get ready
  • Have two and a half hours of uplifiting study (my personal study time is mostly spent in preparing the district training)
  • Leave the house at 10:30, and
  • Work, work work!

We work until 9:30, when we come home and I talk to my district and the zone leaders for half an hour, then my companion and I plan for 20 minutes, then we have 10 minutes to eat something and get ready for bed, and the next day it starts over again. I love it! I have never worked so hard, nor had so much responsibilty, but I don't feel at all stressed. (I don't know if itis the new exercises or what.)

My district includes a companionship of sisters who are opening a new area, one who is in her final transfer, the other in her first; and two companionships of elders, one of which includes a tutor and a disciple.

I wish I had more time to write you about my district and my duties as a district leader, but know that it is a lot of work, and I don't know how to do a lot of things, but the Lord (and my companion) are helping me a lot.

* * *

I hope to have more time to write next week.

No comments: