Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday, February 2, 2009 -- As Much as I Can Write in 12 Minutes

I know how much you are all going to hate this, but my letter today is going to be very short . . . . I only have 25 minutes to write you and President Mendoza. Today we had special permision to go to Parque Fundidora in Monterrey (which was lots of fun) and we just got back in time for an abbreviated writing session, then off to the zone meeting.

* * *
That's wonderful that the Barois* were sealed. The temple is my favorite place on earth, I wish I could go there more often as a missionary. I'm looking forward to going to the temple with the families I have baptized here, and with my own family (and future wife) after the mission. . . .

Yesterday we had two baptisms (I'll send the pictures later). One was Jorge, the husband of Joana, and the other was Jeovany, the cousin of Jorge and the son of Eddi and Olga. It was a very special experience. At the end of the service, they both bore their testimonies. They talked about how the gospel had changed their lives and those of their families. They said what they knew to be true for themselves. And they thanked me and Elder Zamudio for teaching them. I cried. I can't wait to go to the temple with Jorge and Joana, as well as with Eddi and Olga and their family. Jeovani is 22 and single, and we are encouraging him to prepare for a mission. I think he will go. When I think about the future of these people, my heart is filled with joy. I love watching my investigators and recent converts learn, change, grow, and progress. I think it is something similar to the feelings that a father feels for his children. Truly the joy of missionary work is great.

Thank you for your prayers, your love, and your letters. They really help me.

* Editors' note: The Baroi family -- James and Juily and their 10-year-old son, Prangon -- are the first family from Bangladesh to be sealed in the temple. They were sealed last Friday, January 30, in the Redlands, California temple. They have lived in Redlands for the last few years and have become good friends with Elder Rowley and his family.

No comments: