Sunday, February 14, 2010

Friday, February 12, 2010 -- Big News

[This is the second of two posts for February 12. The next post below is the first to be received on February 12. -- Eds.]

This has been a busy preparation day. Today we drove to Chipinque, a mountain peak here in Monterrey, with a beautiful view. (I will send pictures next week.)

I love nature and I love the tops of the mountains.

This has been a week of . . . big news. . . .

[One] piece of very big and very good news was a phone call that I received last week. Do you remember Edy and Olga, from the Ranchito? Well, this next Wednesday, February 17, they are going to the temple! They will be sealed for time and all eternity, and I will be there! . . .

This week we also found out that in two weeks a member of the Area Presidency will be here with us in our mission and will preside over a zone leader conference.

I had a great birthday. The other missionaries here in the mission offices spoiled me with service. They cooked me breakfast, ironed my shirt, polished my shoes, and even knotted my tie! There is also an office tradition of buying a cake and “surprising” the birthday boy. They bought me a delicious cheese cake. President Mendoza invited us to his house on my birthday. It wasn’t specifically for my birthday, but it felt good to go. Usually the only times we go there are for
the "Goodbye, Heroes" dinners and the "Welcome, Valiants" dinners.

* * *

I have to tell you that my release date will probably change to July
21, because of a change of transfer procedure, a change that the Area Presidency
has suggested. . . .

* * *

My companion and I continue having lots of work to do. We are always looking for ways to make things better. This week we have been preparing a new packet for the new missionaries, and next week we will be revising the now outdated zone leader manual, in addition to our weekly duties of supervising the zones and reporting the numbers to Salt Lake and President Mendoza.

In our area, the Lord continues to bless us. Yesterday, Eloy and Griselda, the couple who were looking for a church to attend together, accepted baptismal dates. We are working with several families and I love every minute of it.

I love you all and appreciate your prayers. Thoughts of you inspire me to be better.

* * *

P.S. President Mendoza will go to the P.O. box this next Thursday, February 18.



No comments: